Previous reviews are at Mack Pitches Up

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Favorite Books Read in 2009


Kerrie over at Mysteries in Paradise is compiling her annual Your Best Crime Fiction Reads. Check it out; I'm positive your TBR list will grow.

I didn't do a very good job of keeping track of what I read in 2009 but I wanted to participate in Kerrie's compilation so the books below represent those that immediately sprang to mind. They are not in any order.

1a) The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson
b) The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

2a) Mixed Blood - Roger Smith
b) Wake Up Dead (OK, it isn't part of a series but I have to include it)

3) Fifty Grand - Adrian McKinty

4) The Rule Book - Rob Kitchin

5) Bury Me Deep - Megan Abbott

6) Bad Traffic - Simon Lewis

7) Damn Near Dead: an Anthology of Geezer Noir - Duane Swierczynski, editor

8) A Vengeful Longing - Roger Morris

9) 9 Dragons - Michael Connelly

10) Pain Killers - Jerry Stahl